Good news for veterans, there has been an increase for 2018 VA loan limits. Fannie Mae, a government sponsored entity, has increased the amount on county loan limits. This new amount will take place on January 1, 2018.
This new increase is exciting because it means veterans will have some flexible options in purchasing a home. And in counties that have higher costs, these numbers will reflect these increased amounts as well.
A few weeks back Low VA Rates did a video about the county loan limits and VA entitlements for the year of 2017. The video above is an updated version from the previous 2017 VA loan limits video that they produced earlier.
VA Loan Limits Recap of 2017
Let’s do a breakdown of what the county loan limits and VA entitlements are for 2017. The numbers look like this:
- The county limit is $425,100
- And 25% for the maximum guaranty of the above limit comes to $106,025
- Then we’ll subtract the entitlement charge of $36,000
- Which amounts to $70,025 for the 2nd tier of available VA entitlement
- Then multiply the $70,025 by 4 and you get $280,100 which is the maximum amount you can get without making a down payment.
What Does This Mean for 2018?
So for 2018 we’re going to see some increases and the numbers will look like this:
- The new county limit will be $453,100
- Factor in the 25% for the maximum guaranty of the above amount comes to $113,275
- And the entitlement charge will stay at $36,000 so we’ll subtract this amount
- Which comes to $77,275 for the 2nd tier of available VA entitlement
- Multiply that $77,275 by 4 and you’ll get $309,100 for a maximum amount with no down payment.
The Increased Amounts
As you can see, these new limits will increase your VA entitlements. But we’ll show you the numbers:
- You’re 25% of maximum guaranty is an increase of $7,250
- And the 2nd tier of available VA entitlement increases to the same amount of $7,250
- Multiply $7,250 by 4 and that is an extra $29,000 for your maximum amount.
Click here for a more detailed breakdown of 2018 VA loan limits.
Call Low VA Rates
If you have a question about the 2018 VA loan limits I recomend calling the people at Low VA Rates. They truly care about working with veterans and will be more than happy to answer any VA mortgage related questions you might have. Call them now at 1-855-956-4040.